It’s 2019 and I’m over big stores – there I said it and I feel like a weight has been lifted from my chest.
Yes, I love Target, but my goodness do I get wrapped up in buying stuff we don’t need or really want.
So this year, I’ve decided I’m going to do my very best to shop only at small businesses’ for my Christmas gifts. I have compiled a list of my favorite places to shop at and their locations who I can buy for. Join me in shopping local this year!
- Stock Culinary Goods, located on Hope St in Providence. This is the perfect store for the hard to buy for or super picky person in your life; i.e. my husband. They have incredible kitchen gadgets that are both easy to use and not crazy expensive, but they do have more expensive things if that’s what you’re looking for. They also have a small wooden play kitchen that will occupy your favorite toddler.
- Henry’s Bear Park, also on Hope St. They have puzzles, dress up clothes, balls, books, games and everything in between. They also have some toys out for kids to try and the atmosphere is fun and open.
- Bellani Maternity in Warwick on Rt.2 – The best part about Bellani is that it’s not only a toy store but they also have classes for kids so if you’re looking to give an experience rather than a toy this is the place for you. Plus, they offer Rock-a-Baby and who doesn’t love a good jam session?
- Shore Soap in Newport – my niece is 12 and is up on all the latest trends. When you don’t know what to get for the person who has it all this is the perfect spot, it smells amazing, and they have a wide array of bath soaps and lotions.
- The Green Door in East Greenwich – If I had millions of dollars all my money would be spent there? They have cute accent pillows, mugs, cutting boards and everything in between.
Those are just a few of my favorite stores to shop local and give back to the local community. Where do you shop local?