The holidays can be so much fun with kids of all ages. Browse our list of 34 holiday events in RI and Beyond to find some fun for your family! We’ve broken down the list by ticketed, free, and breakfast events. We would love it if you’d join us for Cookies with Santa on November 23rd. Tickets are going quickly so grab them while you can! Let us know what events we’ve missed so we can check them out!
Ticketed Holiday Events in RI and Beyond
Here are just a few events coming that you should pre-plan for and order your tickets before they sell out!
• Providence – Santa at the Carousel 11/29 – 12/1
Ring in some holiday cheer with Santa Claus himself! Visits with Santa are available to each child (ages 12 and under) for just $5 per visit, and families should plan to bring their own camera to snap photos, as photographers will not be present. Enjoy a cup of milk courtesy of Munroe Dairy (while supplies last), then play the day away in the outdoor Hasbro Boundless Playground.
The carousel and train will be open for guests to enjoy, though these are not included with admission and can be purchased at their regular rates. Do note that the train is a weather-permitting feature and may close during inclement weather.
• Woonsocket – Nutcracker Ballet 11/30 – 12/1
Heritage Ballet presents The Nutcracker, a full-length classical ballet about a little girl named Clara who receives a Nutcracker from her godfather for Christmas. She dreams that her Nutcracker comes to life and battles the mischievous Mouse Queen. Clara then goes on a magical adventure as the Snow Queen and King and their sparkling Snowflakes dance all around her in the forest and send her to the Land of the Sweets where she meets the majestic Sugar Plum Fairy. But was it really all a dream?
• Seekonk, MA – Mickey & Minnie party 12/5 (other events at Seekonk Grand Prix through the month as well)
Join Mickey and Minnie for a pajama party at the Seekonk Grand Prix. Mark your calendars; you don’t wait to miss this! Kids eat FREE (slice of pizza & beverage) with the purchase of a $20 fun card. Free admission. Free parking. Characters provided by A Piece Of Cake Parties
• Bristol – Flashlight Candy Cane Hunt 12/6 & 12/13
Thrive Outside will be at two of Blithewold’s Sparkle nights this year – on Friday Dec 6th & Friday Dec 13th. Come for all that Blithewold has to offer and stay for Thrive Outside’s Flashlight Candy Cane Hunt at 6:30pm. Kids of all ages are welcome to search the Great Lawn by flashlight for candy canes! Pre-registration is required. Use promo code THRIVEOUTSIDE for member pricing.
• West Warwick – Believe in Christmas with the Chorus of Kent County 12/7 & 12/8
• Providence – Nutcracker Ballet (Check out Tea with Clara as an add on for this event) 12/13 – 12/15
Delighting thousands each year, the magic and splendor of the holiday season has never been richer than in this lavish, extravagant production. Join Clara and her Nutcracker Prince on a magical journey complete with beautiful sets, elegant choreography, and world class dancers bringing this holiday tradition to life.
• Woonsocket – A Christmas Carol 12/13 – 12/22
The traditional stage version of Charles Dickens’ holiday classic returns!
Celebrate the holiday season with the redemption story of Ebenezer Scrooge, a bitter man who is visited by the ghosts of Jacob Marley, Christmas Past, Present, and Future.
Revised yearly, the Stadium’s 2019 production of A Christmas Carol promises to be a fresh adaptation of the classic tale that you won’t soon forget – brimming with extravagant scenery, lavish costumes, dramatic lighting, fog, and flying spirits! Rest assured, you’ll leave the theatre beaming with holiday excitement and energized with renewed Christmas spirit.
• Providence – The Grinch 12/17 – 12/22
How exciting that this Christmas classic is coming to PPAC! Come discover the magic of Dr. Seuss’ classic holiday tale as it comes to life on stage. Featuring the hit songs “You’re A Mean One, Mr. Grinch” and “Welcome Christmas,” The Grinch discovers there’s more to Christmas than he bargained for in this heart-warming holiday classic. Max the Dog narrates as the mean and scheming Grinch, whose heart is “two sizes too small,” decides to steal Christmas away from the Who’s, an endlessly cheerful bunch bursting with holiday spirit. Celebrate the holidays with the show The New York Times calls “100 times better than any bedtime story!”
• Providence – Just in Time Art Sale RWP Botanical Center 12/22
Roger Williams Park Botanical Center Presents: Just In Time Art Sale! Locally! Locally Made Gifts for the last-minute shopper! Sunday, December 22, 2018 from 11am-8pm.
For one day only, our greenhouses will be transformed into a magical wonderland filled with extremely talented local artisans who will be selling their wares for all the last-minute shoppers out there. We invite guests to make a day of it and explore our beautiful gardens and greenhouses while shopping. When the sun goes down the fun doesn’t stop, because we will be staying open late for our Grand Illumination! [there will be thousands of twinkle lights to make it a truly magical event.]
- Providence, RI- Hip Hop Nutcracker 12/28A unique and joyful holiday mash-up for the whole family, THE HIP HOP NUTCRACKER is a contemporary dance spectacle set to Tchaikovsky’s timeless music. Directed and choreographed by Jennifer Weber, the production is performed by a supercharged cast of a dozen all-star dancers, a DJ, a violinist, and MC Kurtis Blow, one of Hip Hop’s founding fathers.Through this remixed and reimagined version of the classic, the dynamic performers of THE HIP HOP NUTCRACKER take audiences on a journey that celebrates love, community and the magic of the holiday season.
• East Greenwich – Gingerbread House making (multiple dates through Dec)
Celebrate the Season at Taste Buds Kitchen with family bonding and gingerbread fun at our signature December Workshop. Parent and child pairs work together to design and decorate their very own Gingerbread House. Enjoy the endless decorating options, from frosted candy roofs to pretzel picket fences, and cheerful holiday tunes while sipping hot chocolate and experiencing quality family time. Spread the Holiday spirit by inviting friends to join you for this special event! $40 per child with one caregiver included.
• Providence – A Christmas Carol (multiple dates Nov – Dec)
New England’s favorite family holiday tradition! Celebrating 42 years at Trinity Rep, Rhode Island’s family holiday tradition brings Ebenezer Scrooge, Jacob Marley, Tiny Tim, and the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Future to the stage in a glorious re-telling of the classic story that has delighted and inspired millions.This year Ebenezer Scrooge will be played by Jude Sandy (pictured).Tickets begin at only $27 for this family tradition. This production runs November 7 – December 29
• Woonsocket – Blackstone Valley Polar Express (multiple dates Nov – Dec)
America’s longest-running Polar Express Ride-
Your trip includes a 90-minute excursion on a real-life train that is filled with a reading of the classic children’s story, sing-a-longs, hot chocolate served in a souvenir mug, delicious cookies, games, and a special visit from Santa where he personally delivers the first gift of Christmas to every child!!! After we return from our trip to view the North Pole, stay for a photo with Santa on his sleigh!
Arrive early for fantastic photo opportunities in front of our custom-made Polar Express backdrops with the characters of our show, a kids area that includes coloring and writing letters to Santa, and our official Polar Express gift shop – all inside the beautifully-decorated train depot where music is playing and the spirit of Christmas fills the air!
Free Holiday Events in RI and Beyond
During the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, we love to check out local events. These don’t require tickets but many have items or add-ons for sale at the events.
• Providence – Waterfire Holiday Art & Craft Festival 11/30
WaterFire Providence and the Providence Artisans Market are pleased to present the first annual WaterFire Holiday Art & Craft Festival. Join us for an indoor Holiday Art & Craft Festival on Saturday, November 30, 2019, at the WaterFire Arts Center in the Valley Street neighborhood! Explore what our community has to offer with handmade works by local artists, live music, and local food. Come learn about our community partners and volunteer opportunities. An event for families and friends of all ages!
• Warren – Warren Holiday Festival 11/29 & 11/30
• Warwick – Ocean State Artisan Holiday Show 11/29 & 11/30
An after-Thanksgiving Shopping Tradition continues, celebrating its 29th Year!
The Annual Ocean State Artisans Holiday Show at CCRI (Community College of Rhode Island (CCRI) – Warwick “Knight” Campus) will be on Black Friday, November 29th (10-5) and Small Business Saturday November 30th (9-4) 2019. Unique Gifts for everyone on your Shopping list, all handcrafted by over 100 Ocean State Artisans! $3 Admission*. Save $1 by bringing a canned/non-perishable food item, benefiting the Rhode Island Community Food Bank.
• Newport – Newport Holiday Stroll 12/6 – 12/8
The 4th Annual Newport Holiday Stroll to enjoy shopping, dining and festive activities you will only find in the City-by-the-sea!
• Scituate – Christmas in Scituate Village 12/6 – 12/8
Candlelight Stroll, Trolley Around the Village, Breakfast with Santa, Christmas Faire, First Responders Appreciation Concert, and Tree Lighting!
• Johnston Holiday Festival 12/7
Photos with Santa, Music, Snacks, and fun!
• Smithfield – Smithfield All Lit Up Christmas Parade 12/7
• North Attleboro, MA – North Attleboro Holiday Market 12/7
It’s time to get festive! Holidays are approaching so come downtown do check out what your local downtown businesses are up to this holiday! Pop Up Shop at The Preservation Framer, Holiday sale at The Finer Collection, and more! Don’t miss the fun!
• Providence – PVD Flea Holiday Market 12/8 & 12/15
The Providence Flea, downtown’s outdoor vintage, and artisan/maker market, presents its Holiday Markets at a NEW TIME AND LOCATION–Sundays, December 8 and December 15 from 11:00 am – 5:00 pm indoors at WATERFIRE ARTS CENTER, 475 Valley St. in Providence. The Holiday Markets offer a juried selection of handmade art and design, craft and clothing, jewelry, accessories, vintage wares and small-batch gift and food items from over 65+ vendors at each market! Grab a campfire cocoa and make it a vintage and handmade holiday at the greenest, most unique and affordable shopping experience of the season!
• Matunuck – Matunuck Holiday Stroll 12/12
Matunuck Property Group is proud to present the second annual Matunuck Holiday Stroll. Join the Ocean Mist, The Pub, Point Break Cottages, Matunuck Pizza Pie Co. and Matunuck Surf Shop for a night of shopping local artisans, food, music, and drinks.
Breakfast with Santa in RI and Beyond
Who doesn’t love breakfast?? Add in the man in the red suit and these events are sure to be a blast! Bonus event: Ice Cream with Santa!
- Middletown- Cookies with Santa 11/23
- Attleboro – Sundaes with Santa (Attleboro Farms) 11/30 $20 per family or $7 per person.
- Cumberland – Venue131 Breakfast with Santa 11/30
• Warwick – Dave’s Bar & Grill breakfast with Santa 12/1 $10 per person
• Providence – Cat Country breakfast with Santa 12/7
• Bristol – Bristol Christmas Festival Annual Breakfast with Santa 12/8
• Wrentham, MA – Lake Pearl Wrentham 12/8
• Providence – Dave & Busters Annual Breakfast 12/14
• South Kingstown – Village & South County Commons Breakfast with Santa 12/14 Applebees ($4pp breakfast +unwrapped toy donation)
• Plainville, MA – Little Seeds multiple Breakfast with Santa multiple dates in Dec